
SA men brought back from Russia pose safety risk: Makhubela
Four men who were allegedly lured into fighting in Ukraine have arrived in SA.
THURSDAY, 19 FEBRUARY 2026, 01:29

Four men who were allegedly lured into fighting in Ukraine have arrived in SA.
A mud rush incident has left five mineworkers trapped underground.

The failure has affected theatre operations but contingency measures are have put into place.

They left the country last year under the pretext that they are going for bodyguard training.

Defence Attorney Piet Tibane says the defence will study the judgment to determine a way forward.

Grade 5 learner, Neo Mokgoatsane died after a goalpost fell on him in Tembisa.

Booysen and 11 others face 2017 Wainstein murder, plus organised crime related charges.

The bus overturned after the steering wheel broke off causing it to lose control.

Accused two in Meyiwa trial, Bongani Ntanzi, has been on the stand at the High Court in Pretoria.

The accused face charges of premeditated murder, murder and robbery with aggravating circumstances.

Dlamini urges residents in uThukela District, uMzinyathi District to heed severe storm warnings.
IEC flags generative AI and hyper-local disinformation as risk ahead of local elections
As South Africa prepares for the 2026 Local Government Elections, the rise of generative artificial intelligence (AI) and its use in hyper-local disinformation campaigns has emerged as a key concern for the Electoral Commission of South Africa (IEC).
IEC Chairperson Mosotho Moepya warned that the...

The forum says it has been reaching out to relevant government authorities with little response.

Murder-accused Tiffany Meek faces five charges over her son’s 2024 death; case delayed.
Government committed to localisation in ITP programme
Government committed to localisation in ITP programme
Deputy Minister of Electricity and Energy Samantha Graham-Maré has pushed back against misinformation in the public on the role of local players in South Africa’s Independent Transmission Project (ITP) Programme.
The Deputy Minister was speaking at the Disinformation Dialogue...
Steenhuisen calls for urgent resolution to secure sugar mills
Agriculture Minister John Steenhuisen has raised serious concern over the escalating crisis facing the sugar industry following the liquidation of Tongaat Hulett.
Steenhuisen said urgent intervention is needed to secure the operation of key sugar mills ahead of the April crushing season.
According to the Department of...

The case of attempted murder and assault against Shebe Maburna has been postponed to 27 March 2026

34-year-old man sentenced four life prison terms for killing traditional leader and others in KZN
Dtic Minister commits to investigating governance issues
Trade, Industry and Competition Minister Parks Tau says he remains committed to investigating issues related to governance and malfeasance as they relate to the Film and Television Production Incentive.
The Minister led a delegation of senior officials from the Department of Trade, Industry and Competition (dtic), including...
eThekwini Municipality reaffirms commitment to disability inclusion
The eThekwini Municipality has reaffirmed its commitment to building an inclusive, accessible, and people-centred city.
During a recent public consultation with the disability sector on the city’s Draft Annual Report 2024/25, the municipality underscored its focus on ensuring that service delivery responds...
SAPS, SANDF work to finalises deployment plan
The National Commissioner of the South African Police Service (SAPS) and the Chief of the South African National Defence Force (SANDF) have met to finalise the deployment plan of the defence force in Gauteng and the Western Cape, Acting Police Minister Firoz Cachalia has said.“I can confirm that the SAPS National Commissioner General...